When you hear “I want waffles”, “I want pancakes” at your breakfast table, wouldn’t you like to have a waffle maker that makes both pancakes and waffles? And, wouldn’t it be great to have a pancake and waffle mix to whip up these breakfast orders quickly? If your answers are yes and yes, you will find our research and recommendations here helpful to you.
Yes, you can get a breakfast station that makes both waffles and pancakes.
This type of waffle maker includes interchangeable waffle plates and pancake plates.
Plan to spend about $100 for a pancake and waffle maker combo. The plates are removable and dishwasher safe. You can cook up multiple waffles or multiple pancakes at a time. Flexibility of multiple browning settings.
can you use pancake mix to make waffles?
Yes, you can make waffles using pancake mix. As pancakes and waffles share common ingredients, many pancake mix give you the directions to add egg and oil to the mix to make waffles. Look for mix that says “Pancake and waffle mix”. And, your friends would appreciate you for giving them a choice of waffles or pancakes or both!
Tip: toppings such as syrup, honey and fruit preserves go well with both pancakes and waffles.
Here are three fool-proof pancake and waffle mix, including our favorite farmhouse kitchen mix, one for ketogenic lifestyle, another one is certified Kosher.
Here is our top pick for a waffle maker with interchangeable plates for pancakes and waffles:
Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
This Cuisinart WAF-300 breakfast central comes with waffle and pancake plates. You can make 4 square Belgium waffles and 4 round pancakes with this waffle maker.
Main features: Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
- Material: Stainless Steel – silver color.
- Dimension (LWH): 9.7” x 12.2” x 6.3”
- Weight: 8.23 lbs.
- Shape: Square waffles; round pancakes
- Capacity: 4 square Belgium waffles, 4 round pancakes.
- Nonstick cooking surface: Yes
- Removable plate: Yes
- Storage: stored horizontally when not in use.
- Browning Control: There are 6 settings from light to deep golden brown
- Indicated lights: There are two indicated lights of red and green. Red indicator signals power on. When the green light is on, it signals ready to cook or ready to eat.
- Sound: Audible beep to signal ready to cook or ready to eat.
- Dish washer safe: Yes
Pros and Cons: Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
Tips to make great waffles : Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
- Setting #4 or #5 on Cuisinart WAF-300 gives you golden brown waffles
- Note the word LOWER or UPPER is embossed on the right side of each waffle plate. Fit the plate one at a time to either LOWER or UPPER accordingly.